- How to Create a League
- How to Add or Edit Teams in a League
- How to Add or Edit Players on a Fantasy Team
- How to Draft Wrestlers to Fantasy Teams
- Fantasy Team Scoring
Leagues are a collection of friends that join together to play against each other on Mat Picks.
All Mat Picks games may be turned into a League game.
- Leagues are created, “owned” and administrated by the Commissioner of the league.
- Leagues may be Open or Private.
- Open Leagues are advertised on the “Find League” page to recruit additional players (Mat Picks registered users) to the league.
- Private Leagues are not advertised, and the commissioner of the league must invite players to join.
May be created for tournament events.
- Wrestlers are Drafted into the Fantasy Team and entered by the commissioner.
- Multiple players (Mat Picks registered users) may be assigned to a fantasy team.
- In Pick’Em bracket games, each individual player is considered their own separate team.
The Commissioner is the Mat Picks player who creates and manages the league.
The Commissioner enters all of the unique information concerning the league.:
- League Name
- Fantasy Teams names
- Assigns players (Mat Picks registered users) to each Fantasy Team.
- Assigns drafted wrestlers to each Fantasy Teams.
- The Commissioner:
- Determines league membership:
- Through the “Find League” process
- Or by designating the league Private or Open
- Edits the League information (Name, Teams, etc.)
- Determine the customizable nuances of a Mat Picks Games
- Wrestler assignment rules
- Draft order rules
- Only the Commissioner will have access to several pages used to manage the league. These pages may not be available to all league members.
4. How to Create a League:
After you have “Entered” an Event (tournament or dual meet), select the “Create a League” button.
Follow these Four Steps
- Step 1. Enter League Information:
- Name of League
- League Comments: This is what shows up under the description of the league on the “Find League” page.
- An example of a league comment would be: “Iowa HS coaches’ challenge. Only Oklahoma HS coaches may apply.”
- If you select “Public” your league will be advertised on the “Find League” page to those looking to join a league. Otherwise your league will remain private.
- Step 2. Select from Available Events:
- The default event will be the event you entered the league creation process with. However you may select another event from the drop down box.
- Step 3. Authorize Games:
- Select from the available games those that you want your league to play.
- Note Fantasy Team Play has two options.
- Step 4. Save New League:
- You must click the save button.
5. How to Add or Edit Teams in a League:
Enter a tournament or dual meet from the “Events” page and then select “Edit League”.
There is two ways to add teams (or players).
- The Commissioner may enter all information when creating a league.
- The Commissioner may accept petitioners from the “Find League” process.
The Commissioner may Add a Team by Entering the Team Information
Select the yellow “Add Team” button on the “Edit League “ page
- Follow the three steps:
- Step 1. Add Team:
- Enter Team’s Name
- Abbreviated Team Name: This how the team will be displayed on the league’s bracket page.
- Step 2. Add players to Team.
- Multiple players may be assigned to a Fantasy Team.
- Step 3. Save:
The Commissioner may Add Teams (or Players) by Accepting Petitioners from the Find League page.
- On the “Edit League” page, in the lower left corner there will be a notification drop box. Open the Drop Box.
- Click “Accept” or “Decline”.
- An email message will be sent to the petitioner of the commissioner’s decision.
6. How to Add or Edit Players on a Fantasy Team
- To add players to a team “Enter” a tournament or dual meet from the “Events” page and then select “Edit League”
- In the “Manage Teams and Players”( section 4), select “Edit Team or Players”
- Start typing the display name or the email address of the player you want to add to the team.
- Once you see the player you want to add in the space below, select that player.
- You may add as many players as you like to a single fantasy team.
- Players must be registered with Mat Picks before they can be added.
7. How to Draft Wrestlers to Fantasy Teams
- Enter a tournament event from the “Events” page.
- Select “Draft Board”
- Select Weight Class – a list of available wrestlers will appear.
- Select Fantasy Team.
- Select Add Competitor.
- Repeat process until teams are created
- The team points awarded to the drafted wrestler in the actual tournament are assigned to the fantasy team drafting that wrestler.
- Typically team points are the same as existing NCAA team scoring rules (This may be varied- see results page for actual point value in each round).
- Penalty Points are tallied as well:
- If an individual wrestler is the source of the penalty, team points will be deducted from the fantasy team that drafted that wrestler.
- If a non-wrestler (i.e. coach) is the source of the penalty, no points will be deducted from the fantasy team.